Number plates have been required by law since 1904. While legal changes to number plates have altered throughout the years, elements such as the number plate spacings and the avenues for buying plates have ultimately stayed the same.
At Uniplate, there are multiple ways to buy a number plate that we have outlined below.
Vintage Number Plates
When buying a vintage number plate, the process is slightly different than buying an ordinary number plate. To buy a vintage number plate, cars which have been made before 1982 are eligible and this will be verified with your V5C. This is because on January 1st, 2021, vehicles manufactured after 1981 were no longer eligible to drive with this type of vintage plate. So, in order to buy one, your vehicle has to be built no later than 1981. To find out more in-depth information, head over to our ‘Guide to vintage number plates’ blog.
Ready to take your business operations up a level? We at Uniplate offer an easy and efficient process for printing top-notch plates every time. We guarantee you high-quality plates every time. Let us help you reach new heights!
- Step 1: Make sure your business is already registered with DVLA (unless you are exempt). Once this step is completed discuss your requirements with one of our experts.
- Step 2: The next step is to open up a trade account with Uniplate.
- Step 3: Once you have made an account with us, you can purchase a number plate manufacturing set-up from us if you don’t already have one in place. However, if you are looking for printed plates on a larger scale, you can instead order your made up plates that can be sent directly to your business or instead straight to your customers.
It’s that simple; all components or made-up plates can then be continually purchased by calling our sales office. If you prefer, you can also order repeat purchases directly online via email.
- Step 1: Call or visit our sales office in Tamworth to discuss what you require.
- Step 2: Make sure to bring the correct documentation necessary to complete the purchase (we require one proof of ownership, such as a V5C as well as one form of ID such as a driving license or passport).
- Step 3: Wait onsite while our team produce your number plates for you. It takes a matter of minutes.
Number Plate Solutions with Uniplate
If you’re looking for specialists who know what they’re doing when it comes to number plate production, number plate compliance, or even if you’re looking to supply the correct number plates yourself, then Uniplate are the current leading professional of the registration plate industry.
With our growing global network, we have over 30 years of experience, so you can be assured that we offer nothing but the best quality.
If you’d like to know more about how we can provide a solution for your needs or have any further questions regarding the information presented throughout this guide, then please do not hesitate to get in touch! Our team would love to hear from you and would be more than happy to help.